When: Wednesday 27 February 2019
Time: 9.30-1pm (registration from 9.00)
Where: Lighthouse, Poole’s Centre for the Arts, 21 Kingland Road, Poole, BH15 1UG
Booking essential – please book here
Dorset LNP’s Annual Forum 2019 will focus on a draft 25 Year Environment Plan for Dorset highlighting how Dorset will support the delivery the Government’s 25 Year Environment Plan published in January 2018.
Dorset LNP aims to take a leadership role in developing anEnvironment Plan for Dorset which facilitates delivery of Dorset’s local needs, which also support delivery of the national plan. The plan’s chapters are being drafted by Dorset LNP Board Members, Officers and stakeholders.
The Annual Forum will look at the chapters for the Environment Plan for Dorset and will give an opportunity for LNP Forum members to input into the plan.
The Plan will be used to demonstrate to Government the value LNPs in delivering their 25 Year Environment Plan as well as feeding into our further working with the two new Unitary Councils’, the Health and Wellbeing Boards’ and Dorset Local Enterprise Partnership’s.
Programme (subject to amendment)
9.00 Registration and Refreshments
9.30 Welcome and Introduction to Dorset’s 25 Year Environment Plan – Simon Cripps (Dorset LNP Chair)
9.50 An introduction to the chapters of the Dorset 25 Year Environment Plan
- Using and managing land sustainably – Will Bond (Dorset LNP)
- Recovering nature and enhancing the beauty of landscapes – Tom Munro (Dorset AONB)
- Connecting people with the environment to improve health and wellbeing – Rachel Partridge (Public Health Dorset)
- Increasing resource efficiency and reducing pollution and waste – Darren Orchard (Dorset Waste Partnership)
- Securing clean, healthy, productive and biologically diverse seas and oceans – Rob Clark (Southern IFCA)
- Protecting and improving our global environment – Maria Clarke (Dorset LNP)
10.55 Refreshments and networking
10.55 An Introduction to the Dorset Local Industrial Strategy – Luke Rake (Dorset LEP & Kingston Maurward College)
11.30 Discussing the draft 25 Year Environment Plan for Dorset: Workshop – Attendees to rotate round the six chapter tables and comment on:
- What are the key issues on each chapter?
- What do we want to achieve?
- What key projects could feed into the Dorset Environment Plan and/or potentially the Local Industrial Strategy?
12.50 Summary and Next Steps – Simon Cripps (Dorset LNP Chair)
If you have any queries, please contact email@example.com.