The theme of this year’s forum was about communicating our environmental messages, essential for highlighting the climate and ecological emergencies. The forum was held at Dorset Museum, Dorchester on 17 March and was attending by 38 people.
The presentations can be viewed below. Sadly, the sound did not record on the in person presentations, so we are unable to share all of the speaker recordings, for which we apologise. Presentations which were either pre-recorded or live-steamed on the day can be viewed below.
10.00 Welcome and Introduction – Luke Rake (Dorset LNP)
10.35 Key messages
- Intersectionality and Environmental Storytelling – Fahmida Miah (Media Trust) Live Streamed (Slides / Recording)
- Communicating the sustainability message: what’s changed? – Dr Mona Seyed Esfahani (Bournemouth University) (Slides)
11.40 Getting Dorset’s message across
- Litter Free Dorset: Messaging for Behaviour Change – Emma Teasdale (Litter Free Dorset) (Slides)
- Working together for seagrass restoration: the Studland Bay Marine Partnership – David Brown (National Trust) (Slides)
- Reaching the next generation: Young Journalists – Bethany Stevenson (Wessex Water) (Slides / Recording)
- St Peter’s Reimagined – Anona Dawson (Dorset Wildlife Trust) (Slides / Video)
12.30 Panel Q&A