The Health and Nature Dorset (HAND) collaboration grew from existing partnership working between Dorset AONB (via the Stepping into Nature project), Dorset Local Nature Partnership (via the Natural Choices project), Active Dorset (via the Active Ageing project) and Public Health Dorset.
Working closely with others has taught us to be honest and transparent to secure buy-in from partners, by agreeing common aims and objectives we can build a strong collaboration and leave that ‘what’s in it for us’ mentality, creating a sense of shared ownership, trust and respect.
HAND aims to strengthen joint working on nature-based wellbeing across Dorset (BCP and Dorset council areas) to increase the access to, use of and connection with the natural environment to support and enhance physical and mental wellbeing across Dorset.
HAND was launched on 13 May 2021 as part of Mental Health Awareness Week – which had the theme of #ConnectWithNature.
- HAND Launch Webinar Recording
- Introduction to HAND: Presentation – Maria Clarke, Dorset LNP
- Thriving Communities: Presentation – Julie Hammon, Dorset AONB
- Attendee Organisations list (69 individual attendees)
- Questions & Answer Session
Draft aims, objectives and outcomes
A draft proposal has been developed setting out potential aims, objectives, outputs and outcomes for HAND.
Following a stakeholder workshop (November 2019) and discussions with stakeholders our initial priority areas are:
- Social Prescribing and Community Wellbeing
- Knowledge and Skills Sharing
- Monitoring & Evaluation
- Mental Health
- Physical Wellbeing
- Inequalities to access and engagement
- Workforce wellbeing
- Communication channels
- Join the HAND Mailing list.
- Help shape the future of HAND by completing this INTEREST FORM – we would like to find out who is interested in getting involved in the different priority areas and what resources, skills and/or experiences you can bring to the collaboration to help us move forward.
If you have any queries please email: firstname.lastname@example.org