Dorset and the 25 Year Environment Plan
The Government published A Green Future: Our 25 Year Plan to Improve the Environment in early January setting out its plans to deliver their ambition to leave the environment in a better state than they found it.
Dorset LNP’s Annual Forum 2018 will focus on the 25 Year Environment Plan, highlighting what’s being delivered to date and how we can work together to support the delivery of the plan in the future.
When: Wednesday 21 February 2018
Time: 9.30-1pm (registration from 9.00)
Where: Lighthouse, Poole’s Centre for the Arts
Booking essential – please book here
9.00 Registration and Refreshments
9.30 Welcome and Introduction: Dr Simon Cripps, Chairman Dorset LNP
9.45 The 25 Year Environment Plan and Local Nature Partnerships: Rebecca Waite, Head of Local Delivery, 25 Year Environment Plan, Defra
10.15 Delivering the 25-Year Environment Plan in Dorset (local case studies)
- Using and managing land sustainably: EnTrade – Wessex Water
- Recovering nature and enhancing the beauty of landscapes: Portland Living Landscape – Sam Hamer, Dorset Wildlife Trust
- Connecting people with the environment to improve health and wellbeing: Stepping into Nature – Julie Hammon, Dorset AONB
- Increasing resource efficiency and reducing pollution and waste: Litter Free Coast and Sea and Litter Free Dorset – Bridget Betts, Dorset Coast Forum
- Securing clean, healthy, productive and biologically diverse seas and oceans: Rob Clark, Southern IFCA
- Protecting and improving our global environment: Energy efficiency activity in a local authority – Dave Lawrence, Bournemouth Borough Council
10.55 Refreshments and networking
11.25 Panel Discussion: Delivering the 25 Year Environment Plan in Dorset – Setting a challenge to Government and Dorset
Confirmed panel members: Rebecca Waite (Defra), Nick Bruce-White (RSPB), Rachel Partridge (Public Health Dorset), and Will Bond (CLA)
12.55 Summary and Final Words
Programme subject to change.
Please note: There are roadworks on the Upton Bypass coming into Poole, so please allow extra time for your journey if coming in from the west of the county.