Are you a keen advocate for Dorset’s natural environment? Are you committed to champion the benefits of our environment for wildlife, people and the economy? Do you want to help embed the environment into decision making in the county, supporting nature’s recovery, natural capital and nature-based solutions?
The Dorset LNP Board is looking to appoint up to four independent board members. These appointments provide a unique and rewarding opportunity. We are looking for experienced leaders, clear strategic thinkers, articulate speakers, those passionate about supporting the local environment, who understand and advocate its importance to local communities, quality of life and the local economy.
The LNP Board meets quarterly (currently via Zoom) with an Annual Forum usually in February or March. Board meetings are planned for (2pm-4.30pm) on 9 December 2020; 10 March 2021; 9 June 2021; 8 Sept 2021; and 8 December 2021 (future dates will following a similar pattern).
We are particularly keen to have applications from those with skills and experiences on the following topics:
- Environmental issues
- Nature conservation
- Climate change adaptation and mitigation
- Delivering public health through contact with the environment
- Community participation in delivery of natural environment objectives
- Sustainable economic development and the green economy
- Environmental education and/or environmental research and making links between research and delivery
- Deadline for applications: 9am Monday 9 November
- Invitations to interview: w/c 16 November
- Interviews: 25 November (afternoon) and 27 November (morning) – via Zoom.
- Appointments to be made: w/c 30 November
If you have any queries please contact Maria Clarke, LNP Manager: email@example.com or 01305 213183 / 07436 158308