The 2021 Annual Forum was held on 4 March, via Zoom due to the pandemic.
A Recording of the Annual Forum is now available (see time-stamps for individual speakers below) – presentations are also available below.
9.30 Welcome and Introduction to the Forum – Luke Rake (Chairman, Dorset LNP) (0:0:00)
9.40 Value of Nature Recovery
- Value to Wildlife – Imogen Davenport (Dorset Wildlife Trust) (0:5:35)
- Value to Health and Wellbeing – Maria Clarke (Dorset LNP) (0:18.35)
- Value to the Economy – Luke Rake (Dorset LNP / Dorset LEP) (0:28.10)
- Climate and Ecological Emergencies – and Michael Rowland (BCP Council) (0:46:43) and Cllr Ray Bryan (Dorset Council) (1:00:46)
11.00 Networking (small breakout groups) – not recorded
11.15 Break – not recorded
11.30 Tools and Evidence Supporting Nature Recovery
- Ecological Network Maps – Carolyn Steele (DERC) (1:37:30)
- Dorset AONB’s Test and Trial (Part 1 & Part 2) – Ian Rees (Dorset AONB) (1:52:32)
- Terrestrial Biodiversity Audit – Bryan Edwards (DERC) (2:5:40)
- Marine Biodiversity Audit – Peter Tinsley (DWT) (2:21:33)
12.15 Any Questions (2:37:51) (a and Next Steps (2:58:17)
The Forum Chat is also available.
Thank you to all the speakers and to everyone who attended.